Wireless CCTV Security Camera is very important and popular among the new generation security consumers because they provide consumers with low installation cost and flexible mounting options. In addition to these features, these cameras are easy to use and are convenient. Wireless security cameras also allow their users to grasp broadband wireless internet to provide seamless video streaming over the internet. But due to growing and modern technologies, the era of security cameras has changed several folds because of various new technologies that are making these systems much more smart and reliable at the same time. Some of the best technologies are mentioned below-
1. Artificial Intelligence (AI):- Artificial intelligence blended with numerous technologies to improve video surveillance takes to help of computer software programs that are pre-stored and can be modified with the help of coding. These programs help to analyze the audio and images from the video security cameras in an order to recognize humans, vehicles, objects, and various events. The A.I. program functions by using machine vision. It is a complete blend of different algorithms, or procedures followed in mathematics, which helps us to represent flowcharts and several questions to make a comparison of the object seen with several numbers of stored images of individuals in different postures, angles, positions, and movements. These images are kept for reference so, it becomes handier to identify. Then artificial intelligence technology asks itself that the object it observed follows the motion like the images stored in for reference, whether it is approximate of the same size or height which is relative to width, whether it sustains the characteristic of two arms and two legs if it is moving with the same speed, and if it is vertical or horizontal. It can be used in various cameras like thermal cameras, bullet cameras, etc.
2. Machine Learning/ Deep Learning:- The CCTV industry has dramatically changed with the introduction of artificial intelligence software which is based on Deep Learning. Deep learning is a subset of Artificial Intelligence that helps a machine to train the system from inherited and pre-stored data, exactly imitating the way a human being is taught and made to learn different things. A machine can self-learn to independently identify and classify objects with some patterns. Learning of a machine becomes more accomplished as it is exposed to more data over time. Deep Learning or machine learning enables technologies to increase their sophistication with a continuous flow and merges with Artificial Intelligence (AI) applications. In the field of surveillance security camera networks, machine learning and deep learning with artificial intelligence-based video content analytic learn to identify, extract, classify the index objects in video or images captured to provide great assistance to end-users to make video and image data more searchable, to take actions upon and quantifiable. In addition to different alerting functions, video and image analytics structures live or archived video data from the cloud, aggregating the meta-data for deriving quantifiable insights. By visualizing the video and image meta-data, end users can also understand trends, extract actionable intelligence and understand informed decisions for safety, operations, and security.
For example, if we take police departments, they can easily track how many cars fail to stop at a particular stop sign, or can identify a drug house; they can judge it by individuals entering the premises of a certain area.
3. Cloud-Based Storage:- What is meant by cloud storage? Cloud storage is the term referred to for saving files to a remote storage system accessed online. When using this there is no need of saving files on an NVR or computer hard drive. This provides us with several advantages over saving all security camera videos and images on an NVR including the advantage of accessing videos from anywhere and provides a larger storage capacity than NVR contains.
Cloud storage is straightforward to use and requires minimal equipment installation. We only need a computer or other device with an internet connection, which will transfer the video files to the cloud storage services. Whenever we want to view the video or download any of the files, Firstly, we need to log into the website to access our files. The new technologies for video surveillance systems consist of NVR that are specially designed to work with cloud storage. They will have a small hard drive to store videos and images locally for a little amount of time before uploading them to cloud storage. Cloud storage can provide benefits to our surveillance system in several ways:
Video files can be easily accessible from anywhere using your computer, Smartphone, or tablet.
Storing of files is not done locally, so even if the equipment is damaged or stolen, the videos are still safe.
there are several companies that prefer to save video for a long period, especially in cases of accidents or incidents at the workplace; cloud storage makes it easier to store those files without taking up limited space on a hard drive
Cloud storage can also provide help as a backup for an NVR or hard drive even if it’s not the main storage solution.
4. 4K Technology:- Ultra HD 4K IP cameras are extraordinarily developed because they offer 27 times the resolution of conventional analog cameras, nine times that of standard HD camera which is 1,280 × 720, and four times that of Full HD which is 1,920 × 1,080. This means that the minor and finer details of images remain clear even when we are going to magnify only a part of that image.
The popularity of 4K has been steadily growing due to large marketing efforts from major manufacturing brands, cell phone manufacturers, and surveillance companies. 4k is widely recognized by consumers to offer higher resolution, color, and contrast and the demand for higher quality video has grown within the surveillance market.
4K network IP security cameras tend to offer you more detail and clearer video images because of the higher pixel count. Some of these examples may be clearer license plates from passing and parked cars, clear and cut face recognition, ability to observe minor details on piece clothing or any object, and provides help to identify people when an event occurs.
4kbasiclly offers a more detailed image that allows for better visibility and clarity. Many 4K cameras also offer motozoom lenses to offer a closer field of view. It also provides us with a built-in microphone to stream and record audio with your video recording.
5. PTZ Technology:- These are Cameras with the ability to pan, tilt, and zoom (PTZ) technology. It allows us to monitor larger areas that would require multiple fixed cameras. It can move 180 degrees to 360 degrees to cover a wide area. This technology can help with the surveillance of a wide area easily.
How PTZ Works
The camera can twirl from the left to right, allowing it to capture a wide area of coverage.
Pan can range from a complete 360-degree circle to a smaller area’s coverage.
The camera can tilt from up to down and vice-versa, giving it a wide vertical range of coverage.
The amount the camera can tilt will vary based upon the camera model, thereafter; every camera goes up to 180 degrees.
Optical zoom physically will adjust the camera lens, changing the focal length to zoom in and out; this makes the camera maintain image quality.
The amount of optical zoom is expressed as #x, such as 18x, and represents how much the camera can zoom.
Digital zoom blows up the image using software, often resulting in pixilated images when zoomed too far.